We would like to welcome back all our returning children and families and extend a warm welcome to all our new children and families. September is always a time for excitement, yet with that comes anxiety and nervousness for many children. We will do our best to ensure that the transition is as seamless as possible and to ensure that each child feels loved, respected and safe. A Montessori environment is like no other…our main objective at Hand in Hand is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children to develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. Respect and courtesy in our Montessori school is the foundation for everything we do and each child will soon learn the following important skills:
- how to put their work away where they found it
- how to tidy up after themselves
- the importance of helping a friend in need
- the important of respecting the materials, the teachers and each other
- who to tuck in their chair when they leave the table
- how to walk in the classroom
- how to be self directed and find their own “work”
- how to be independent!
Each child will feel empowered at Hand in Hand and learn how great it feels to do things on their own. Each Montessori leader is here to nuture, support and guide them each and every day and are committed to making your child’s Montessori experience productive, stimulating and fun. We are honoured you have chosen Hand in Hand and are confident this will be a wonderful year for everyone involved.
(full credit to NAMC for their example Welcome letter)